Children experiencing homelessness:
Are sick four times more often than other children. They have:
- Four times as many respiratory infections.
- Twice as many ear infections.
- Five times more gastrointestinal problems.
- Four times more likely to have asthma.
- Go hungry at twice the rate of other children.
- Have high rates of obesity due to nutritional deficiencies.
- Have three times the rate of emotional and behavioral problems compared to non-homeless children.*
Here at Carpenter’s Shelter, we believe no child deserves to be homeless.Please join us in raising awareness this month. Follow our updates on Facebook and Twitter using the hashtag #NHAM