CARPENTER’S ANNUAL REPORT
To give back to those who give so much to us, Carpenter’s outlines the Shelter’s work and impact in the community by sharing our Annual Report. You can view the report here, but here are a few highlights from 2013 at Carpenter’s Shelter.
- This year, Carpenter’s Shelter celebrated our 25th anniversary of helping clients achieve sustainable independence, maintaining our 95% success rate for Shelter graduates.
- Forty-seven groups completed special projects at the Shelter, including the creation of a community garden.
- The Shelter partnered with Computer CORE to create a new Basic Computer Literacy Program with an option for continued education at NOVA. 25 of Carpenter’s Clients have successfully completed the program.
- Carpenter’s helped 60 clients with the assistance of our Ready to Rent program.
- Thanks to our team of volunteer doctors and nurses, the Shelter was able to offer clinic services at a value of $35,000, as well as watched 17 women benefit from our new Women’s Wellness program.David’s Place provided essential services like showers, laundry and phone access to 245 unique clients.
- Carpenter’s empowered 379 clients to address the issues which led them to homelessness and provided the tools necessary for them to achieve lasting independence.
- Last year, individuals and service groups provided 18,807 volunteer service hours to Carpenter’s Shelter which is equivalent to almost 9 staff members.
Thank you to all of our volunteers, strategic partners, individual and corporate donors, and everyone else who made 2013 such a successful year for Carpenter’s Shelter!