Carpenter’s Shelter is committed to respecting the privacy of our donors. We have developed this policy to make our donors aware of information we collect about them and how this information is used, to assure donors that their information will not be sold, rented or leased to a third party, and to inform you that you can remove your name from our mailing list, if you desire to do so.
Information Collected. We collect and maintain the following types of donor information:
- Contact information: name, organization, complete address, phone number, email address;
- Payment information: card number and expiration date, and billing information (this will be retained only if you authorize recurring donations);
- Information concerning how you heard about Carpenter’s Shelter;
- Information you wish to share: questions, comments, suggestions; and
- Whether you have requested to receive periodic updates, such as mailings related to specific fundraising appeals and newsletters.
How Information is Used. Carpenter’s Shelter uses your information to help you complete a transaction, communicate with you, and update you on our work serving the homeless. Credit and debit card numbers are used only for donation processing and are not retained for other purposes. We use the comments you offer to provide you with information requested, and we take seriously each recommendation as to how we might improve communication and your experience supporting Carpenter’s Shelter.
No Selling, Renting or Leasing of Personal Information. Carpenter’s Shelter will not sell, rent, or lease your personal information to other organizations. Use of donor information will be limited to the internal purposes of Carpenter’s Shelter and only to further the activities and purposes of Carpenter’s Shelter.
Removing Your Name from Our Mailing List. It is our desire to not send unwanted mail or email to our donors. Please contact us if you wish to be removed from our mailing or email list.