This is a part-time, seasonal position requiring knowledge and experience in Housing Focused, Client-Centered Case Management within a Winter Shelter setting; with the ability to deliver human services and work effectively with persons that are homeless and at various stages of our Continuum.
Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the Winter Shelter Coordinator, the Winter Shelter Housing Collaborative Stabilization Case Manager is responsible for the case management of Winter Shelter guests. The incumbent provides case management focused on housing stability to individuals and families during their housing crisis. The position is also responsible for providing leadership to staff in the absence of the Winter Shelter Coordinator. The hours are from 5-9pm M-F; with opportunity for different hours during inclement weather.
Duties Specific to Winter Shelter Collaborative Housing Stabilization Case Manager:
- Conduct comprehensive client assessments to collect financial, employment, housing, educational, mental health, substance abuse, etc. histories to develop the most appropriate referral resources to complement housing stabilization goals in clients’ Individual Housing Plan (IHP);
- Coordinate services and assistance through Housing Resource Coordinator. Ensuring complete and accurate Rapid Re-Housing (RRH) application completed in a timely fashion. Appropriately educate client on RRH process ensuring a smooth transition from shelter to permanent housing for the client and shelter staff;
- Assist in the development of support systems to meet client needs while in the Winter Shelter and once they have successfully moved into the community, shelter, etc;
- Refer clients to necessary therapeutic, social service, medical, educational, employment, etc. resources within the community;
- Maintain accurate and complete file information, case notes, and HMIS documentation clearly and completely documenting goals, action steps and outcomes;
- Transition clients to their housing outcome for continued case management and support for clients entering the community; ensuring continued success with their IHP;
- Transporting clients when necessary;
- Develop and maintain contacts/relationships with community resources and partners in order to most efficiently support and advocate for clients;
- De-escalating situations, orienting new guests, modeling good behaviors and fostering an environment of support;
- Manage guest information and statistics for reporting to the grant administrator;
- Other duties as assigned;
Qualifications: This position requires either a Bachelor’s Degree in social work or a related field or a minimum of 5 years of experience as a Case Manager and 2 years’ experience working with a Winter Shelter clientele. Energy, enthusiasm, professionalism, an ability to multi-task and possess great communication skills.
Apply by sending your resume to: Denise Ziegler, Winter Shelter Coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org – No phone calls