This is a professional, full-time exempt position requiring knowledge and experience in Housing Focused, Client-Centered Case Management, within an Emergency Shelter program. Candidates should be able to deliver human services and work effectively with persons in crisis.
Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the Case Management Coordinator, the Housing Stabilization Case Manager is responsible for providing case management services to individuals and families during their period of homelessness. There are multiple positions in the emergency shelter, Mon – Fri. from 8am to 8pm.
- Participate in meetings with client and support staff to ensure the development of the most efficient and comprehensive housing plan utilizing all in-house and community resources available;
- Conduct comprehensive client assessments to collect financial, employment, housing, educational, mental health, substance abuse histories etc. to develop the most appropriate referral resources to complement housing stabilization goals in clients’ plan;
- Assist in the development of support systems to meet clients needs while in the shelter and once they have successfully moved into the community;
- Refer clients to necessary therapeutic, social service, medical, educational, employment, etc. resources within the community;
- Maintain accurate and complete file information, case notes, and HMIS documentation clearly and completely documenting goals, action steps and outcomes;
- Ensure all clients remain compliant in all program expectations;
- Ensure the safety and security of the shelter during shift. This includes complete knowledge and function of alarm system, emergency exit procedures, appropriate action during emergency situations, etc.;
- Develop and maintain contacts/relationships with community resources and partners in order to most efficiently support and advocate for clients;
- Shelter operations are 24/7 which necessitates on-call shifts and availability during inclement weather;
- Perform other duties as assigned and necessary for shelter operations to include being outside, occasional lifting and bending;
- Adhere to the Carpenter’s Shelter Code of Ethics.
Qualifications: This position requires the minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in social work or a related field in addition to a minimum of 2 years experience working with a diverse population experiencing homelessness. Energy, enthusiasm, professionalism, an ability to multi-task and possess great communication skills and a valid drivers license is required. Bi-lingual persons are encouraged to apply.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We offer a comprehensive benefits package and salary that begins at $42,000