New Heights Campaign Associate
Carpenter’s Shelter seeks a dynamic, innovative and experienced fundraising professional to serve as the New Heights Campaign Associate. This person will play a key role in our Development Office to assist with our $2 million New Heights campaign, which is currently in the quiet phase. This position requires a thoughtful, compassionate, detail oriented and, well-organized individual with strong interpersonal, writing and communication skills. We are seeking a self-starter, who takes initiative, can multi-task, manage time wisely, think creatively, and be a team player.
About the Organization:
Founded in 1988, Carpenter’s Shelter is a well-respected, highly recognized private 501 (c) 3 nonprofit organization located in Alexandria, VA near Old Town. Carpenter’s Shelter supports more than 650 homeless and formerly homeless men, women and families with children each year.
Under the supervision of the Director of Development, the New Heights Campaign Associate will be responsible for keeping the campaign on schedule and progressing toward the goal. The role includes a combination of external work as well as internally pointed efforts as the campaign progresses. The New Heights Campaign Associate will coordinate meetings with major donors and committee members, conduct project research, ensure timely gift acknowledgment, record keeping, and manage events. This is a full-time position for the duration of the campaign, which will last approximately two years.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage the public phase of the New Heights Campaign.
- Organize meetings and follow-up with major donors, working closely with the Director of Development, Executive Director, and volunteer campaign leadership.
- Prepare materials needed for major donor meetings.
- Ensure gift acknowledgement and stewardship of gifts and pledges.
- Ensure accurate tracking of all gifts and create updated campaign reports.
- Conduct prospect research.
- Coordinate the work of the campaign committee.
- Plan and execute campaign cultivation events and events for the public/community phase, with assistance from other staff.
- Facilitate direct mail and phone campaigns for the public/community phase.
- Assist with securing foundation support as needed.
Qualifications and Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years of relevant fundraising experience.
- Being exceptionally well-organized, detail-oriented, proactive and goal driven is a must.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with demonstrative ability to work under pressure within a team environment.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Experience with donor management software (Raiser’s Edge).
- Knowledge and experience working with Luminate, Omatic and Photoshop.
- Experience coordinating or assisting with campaigns.
- Experience scheduling meetings with major donors.
- Experience conducting prospect research.
- Proficiency in grant writing.
- Experience in event planning.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities concurrently.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required.
- An interest in homelessness.
- High level of discretion.
- A sense of humor, outgoing disposition and a positive attitude.
- Ability to pass a background check.
Salary: Commensurate with level of education and experience (mid $50’s).
Applicants should forward a cover letter with salary requirements and resume electronically to Monise W. Quidley, Director of Development at MoniseQuidley@CarpentersShelter.org by January 18, 2019. In the subject line, type: “New Height Campaign Associate.” No telephone calls accepted.
Carpenter’s Shelter is an Equal Opportunity Employer and agrees not to discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, color, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability or age. Successful candidates must be committed to working with a culturally diverse population.