New Heights Campaign Associate
Carpenter’s Shelter seeks a dynamic, innovative, and experienced fundraising professional to serve as the New Heights Campaign Associate. This person will play a key role in our Development Office to assist with our $2 million New Heights Campaign, which is currently in the public phase. This position requires a thoughtful, compassionate, detail-oriented, and well-organized individual with strong interpersonal, writing, and communication skills. We are seeking a self-starter, who takes initiative, can multi-task, manage time wisely, think creatively, and be a team player.
About the Organization:
Founded in 1988, Carpenter’s Shelter is a well-respected, highly recognized private 501 (c) 3 nonprofit organization located in Alexandria, VA near Old Town. We are currently housed at the former Macy’s at Landmark Mall as our redevelopment project progresses. Carpenter’s Shelter supports more than 625 homeless and formerly homeless men, women and children each year.
Under the supervision of the Director of Development, the New Heights Campaign Associate will be responsible for keeping the campaign on schedule and progressing toward the goal. The role includes a combination of external work as well as internally pointed efforts as the campaign progresses. The New Heights Campaign Associate will coordinate meetings with major donors and committee members, conduct project research, ensure timely gift acknowledgment, keep records, and manage events. This is a full-time position for the duration of the campaign.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities:
- Organize meetings and follow-up with major donors, working closely with the Director of Development, Executive Director, and volunteer campaign leadership.
- Prepare materials needed for major donor meetings.
- Ensure gift acknowledgement and stewardship of gifts and pledges.
- Ensure accurate tracking of all gifts and create updated campaign reports.
- Conduct prospect research.
- Coordinate the work of the campaign committee.
- Plan and execute campaign cultivation events with assistance from other staff.
- Assist with securing foundation support as needed.
Qualifications and Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years of relevant fundraising experience.
- Being exceptionally well-organized, detail-oriented, proactive and goal driven is a must.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with demonstrative ability to work under pressure within a team environment.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Experience with donor management software (Raiser’s Edge).
- Knowledge and experience working with Luminate, InDesign and Photoshop.
- Experience coordinating or assisting with campaigns.
- Experience scheduling meetings with major donors.
- Experience conducting prospect research.
- Proficiency in grant writing.
- Experience in event planning.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities concurrently.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required.
- An interest in homelessness.
- High level of discretion.
- A sense of humor, outgoing disposition and a positive attitude.
- Ability to pass a background check.
Salary: Commensurate with level of education and experience (mid $50’s).
Applicants should forward a cover letter and resume electronically to Monise W. Quidley, Director of Development at MoniseQuidley@CarpentersShelter.org by September 20, 2019. In the subject line, type: “New Height Campaign Associate.” No telephone calls accepted.
Carpenter’s Shelter is an Equal Opportunity Employer and agrees not to discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, color, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability or age. Successful candidates must be committed to working with a culturally diverse population.
This is a professional, part time position requiring organizational, administrative, financial and computer skills combined with the ability to work effectively with the community, business associates, residents, volunteers and staff.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Under the supervision of the Executive Director, this position is responsible for administrative and facility operations and assisting with the financial and human resource administration of Carpenter’s Shelter.
- Assist Executive Director with board meetings, board-related committees and strategic objectives.
- Work alongside Executive Director in scheduling meetings, correspondence with supporters and partners.
- Oversee with telephone, computer operations and administration office equipment including fax, copy and postage machines.
- Distribute organizational correspondence.
Finance/Human Resource Administration
- Work directly with the finance office on account receivables, account payables, audit trials and quarterly reports.
- Coordinate with residential escrow accounts i.e., disburse approved funds from individual accounts, write checks, update financial records and deposit funds with accounting department.
- Support Deputy Director with human resource administration, interfacing with our payroll, medical, dental and savings plan agents and maintaining employee files.
- Adhere to Carpenter’s Code of Ethics.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: BA or BS preferred with 2 years office experience. This position requires experience working with a diverse population, strong written and oral communication skills, self-direction and excellent computer and data management skills.
Please send your resume to Shannon Steene at: firstname.lastname@example.org