The Case Management Coordinator (CCM) is a full-time exempt position directly supervised by the Director of Programs, responsible for the supervision of members of the Carpenter’s Shelter Case Management Team (CMT) which includes Case Managers, Community Case Managers, and Intake Coordinator(s).
Summary of Position:
The Case Management Coordinator is the staff responsible for the overall outcomes and performance of the Case Management Team. The CCM monitors and evaluates the quality of services which are delivered in accordance with accepted standards of practice and established policies and procedures. Along with working with the Director of Programs, this position works in conjunction with all other departments within the shelter and other social service agencies within the City of Alexandria. in accordance with Carpenter’s Shelter Core Values – S.E.E.D. (Solutions through Collaboration, Empowerment, Education and Dedication to serving with Respect) and our Mission (supporting our homeless population to achieve sustainable independence through shelter, guidance, education and advocacy).
Some of the essential responsibilities of the Case Management coordinator include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining a small caseload of clients in the shelter
- Responsible for the supervision of the case managers etc., setting the standards and policies ensuring that all consumers receive thoughtful, professional, client-focused case management during and after their stay;
- Ensuring there is proper CMT coverage for the essential shelter duties to be addressed. Working with staff to ensure the 24/7 shelter coverage. This includes on-call shifts and working hours during inclement weather;
- Ensure that all staff members demonstrate the ability to formulate an appropriate housing plan for each client and support and guide them as they assist their clients transitioning through their experience of homelessness;
- Assist staff so that their clients needing psychosocial evaluation receive this;
- Provide education and professional guidance for the team as appropriate;
- Monitoring the data collection software to ensure a data-driven environment;
- Audit files to ensure compliance of our needs and those of our funders. Additionally, ensure that all files are being maintained to ensure confidentiality and professional ethics;
- Develop individual goals for each staff person and support, motivate and monitor their progress, conduct performance evaluations, identify and coordinate training needs and provide oversight of staff’s duties as necessary to ensure a safe and respectful environment exists for all residents, staff, volunteers and visitors;
- Work with the Monitor Coordinator, Mental Health Coordinator, and the Director of Programs to address the needs of the Case Management Team along with any additional shelter and program needs
- Follow the code of ethics
- Other duties as assigned or needed for the accomplishment of the Carpenters Shelter mission.
This position requires the following:
- A Master’s Degree in Social Work or related field (or working to obtain that degree);
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience supervising, leading and managing a team to identified outcomes; preferably in the field of homelessness;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and effective time management skills in a fast-paced environment;
- Proficient use of computers to include Microsoft Office, Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) and other database software(s) used to track service delivery;
- Ability to perform the various duties necessary to lead a successful housing focused program for families and individuals experiencing homelessness; and
- The ability to successfully pass a background check and possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.