Homeless Housing Locator Intern
Carpenters Shelter is a homeless shelter in the city of Alexandria with the mission to end homelessness through shelter, guidance, education and advocacy. We strive to create solutions through collaboration, empower, and educate our clients, and dedicate ourselves to serving our clients with respect.
Our housing location team is looking for a self-starting intern to assist in our landlord recruitment efforts.
The goal is simple: recruit as many landlords as possible so we can house clients quickly.
Ultimately how that goal is achieved is flexible and our ideal candidate would also have the support to incorporate their own strategies, projects, and ideas to make this happen.
Duties will include:
- Creating flyers, presentations, and web content
- Landlord cold calls to locate potential housing opportunities
- Support the Housing Locator to provide rental opportunities to homeless clients
- Maintain a database of housing leads
- Coach clients 1-on-1 on searching for housing
- Special Projects as dictated by interest and needs
Our ideal candidate:
- Background in business, marketing, communications, psychology, social work, or nonprofit management and an interest in homelessness, housing, real estate or real estate investment.
- Creative and Flexible with excellent judgment
- Familiarity with Adobe, Microsoft, and/or other media creation platforms
- Passionate about making change in the world
- Organized and detail oriented
- Some sales experience a plus
You will learn about:
- Non-profit operation and development
- Residential Real Estate Industry Operations
- Contemporary Approaches to solving Homelessness
- Opportunity to Explore other interests related to housing and homelessness
- Case Management and Human Services
To apply: Please send your resume and a cover letter to Kaitlyn Massa at KaitlynMassa@CarpentersShelter.org. No phone calls please. NOTE: This is an unpaid position. Thank you for your interest!